–Blank NEWS Online (NIGERIA) -From Mike SOGBOLO:
SEVEN years after over 200 schoolgirls were abducted by Boko Haram from it’s hostel, Government Secondary School, Chibok wears a new look with the commissioning major facilities by the
Minister of Women Affairs, Pauline Tallen on Monday, the Director, Press & Public Relations,
Mohammed Manga has said.
Tallen, was invited by Borno State Governor, Professor Babagana Zulum, to commission the remodeled school now equipped with classrooms and desks, a computer room, laboratory, among other facilities, and has many books presented to it and a security team put in place.
where she commissioned Government Secondary School, Chibok, where over 200 schoolgirls were abducted by Boko Haram on
The school, which was vandalized during the Boko Haram attack of April 14, 2014, had full rehabilitation work commencing when Zulum gave approval on November 16, 2020, during an assessment visit.
Since the attack, the school had remained closed while academic activities were taking place at a primary school in Chibok town since 2014.
Zulum offered support to parents of the schoolgirls affected by the 2014 abduction, as he had previously done at different times.
Aside unveiling of the GSS in Chibok, Governor Zulum commissioned 200 low cost houses newly built for the permanent resettlement of internally displaced persons (IDPs) currently residing in temporary camps.
Zulum also commissioned a newly built government lodge to encourage routine visits to Chibok in order to increase direct access of residents to authorities.
Zulum noted that resettlement efforts were being made possible because of some gains recorded by the federal government in the ongoing peace restoration efforts which, he said, was reaffirmed in President Muhammadu Buhari’s choice of an Army Chief from the military’s theatre of operations in Borno State.