A press statement signed by President of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Comrade Joe Ajaero and made available to Blank NEWS Online reads:
“We want to inform all Nigerians that we have just risen from a meeting with the federal Government where we sought to get them listen to the demands of the people and workers of Nigeria.
“The outcome of this meeting earlier today has however not changed anything or the course which we have set for ourselves tomorrow as custodians of the interests and desires of Nigerian workers and people.
“Nigerians are advised to ignore the work of fifth columnists who are working hard against the wishes of the people. We urge everyone to gather in our respective states and wherever we may be across the nation to give vent to this collective resolve.
“Once again, the Nationwide Mass Protest will start tomorrow.
OUR DEMANDS ARE:
- IMMEDIATE IMPLEMENTATION IN GOOD FAITH OF THE RESOLUTIONS WITH CONGRESS JOINTLY SIGNED WITH GOVERNMENT AND TUC
- IMMEDIATE REVERSAL OF ALL ANTI-POOR POLICIES OF GOVERNMENT
INCLUDING THE RECENT HIKE IN PMS PRICE, SCHOOL FEES AND VAT
- FIX OUR LOCAL REFINERIES IN PORTHARCOURT, WARRI AND KADUNA
- RELEASE OF 8 MONTHS WITHHELD SALARIES OF UNIVERSITY LECTURERS AND WORKERS
- ACCORD APPROPRIATE RECOGNITION AND SUPPORT TO THE PRESIDENTIAL
- STEERING COMMITTEE AND THE WORK OF ITS SUB COMMITTEES
- TO PUT A STOP TO INHUMAN ACTIONS AND POLICIES OF GOVERNMENT.
Comrade Joe Ajaero